Meet Joy. Joy has been with Carolina Comfort Air for 5 years and is currently the Lead Residential New Construction Coordinator. She is the loving mother of 3 daughters and loves shooting skeet and playing volleyball.
1. How long have you worked at Carolina Comfort Air?
My 6-year anniversary will be in December.
2. Before working at Carolina Comfort Air, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
When I was a teenager, I was a Parts Delivery Driver for auto-mechanics. I met a lot of very interesting people.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
4. What are you listening to/reading these days?
I like a lot of different music genres, nothing in specific. My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks, I’ll read anything he publishes, usually makes me cry.
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist? (food/dessert/candy/etc.)
Vanilla Cake with cream cheese icing, snickerdoodles too.
6. Where is your favorite place to be?
At the beach. I love everything about it.
7. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Hawaii, I lived there off and on for 6 years. They have the best beaches I’ve ever seen, looks like postcards.
8. Who is your biggest inspiration?
I’m truly inspired by successful women in general…you can do it all, raise children and have a career.
9. What is your proudest moment at Carolina Comfort Air?
When I was promoted to Lead RNC Coordinator. I was hired as a receptionist and at that time I never imagined I would be managing 10 people less than 6 years later.
10. What does true leadership mean to you?
Listening. Truly caring about your people. Sacrificing. Be willing to do whatever you ask someone else to do … your team will respect you more if you’re working right along with them. It’s one thing to manage people and tell them what to do, it’s another to do it with them.
11. Which one would you want most – flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
A robot housekeeper because I hate doing laundry, it’s just not my thing.
12. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
A dance teacher. I danced from age 5 till 17, even went to NY for dance conventions. When I was 15-16, I choreographed and taught younger dancers. It was definitely what I wanted to do as an adult.
13. Do you have any pets? What kind?
I have 2 Australian Shepherds. Sadie is 4 and Gus is 3.
14. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Listen to your Mother.
15. What is your favorite thing about working at Carolina Comfort Air?
I love the people at CCA.