Summary/Objective: The Retail Assistant reports to the CCA Retail Supervisor and works collaboratively with other CCA employees in leading the Company toward its long-term vision of being the premier heating and air conditioning services provider. An employee in this class performs the full range of duties associated with the installation of ventilation, air conditioning, and environmental control systems, focusing primarily on the retail HVAC market. The Retail Assistant receives work orders from their retail mechanic indicating the nature of the work to be done. They are expected to complete all work and have their own tools, and repair procedures as needed. Limited supervision is given to this employee. The Retail Assistant is expected to act as an ambassador for the CCA brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with Install of HVAC systems and ducting, includes new installation and replacement of existing systems.
- Work alongside the construction crew on all installations, and work within the construction schedules agreed upon.
- Responsible for assisting timely, quality, and correct installation.
- Assist with setting ventilation, air conditioning, and environmental control equipment into place.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with customers as well as those contacted in the course of work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Able to work overtime
- Minimum of a High School diploma
- At least 2 years of overall HVAC professional experience preferred but will train
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good working knowledge of materials, and operation and maintenance of specialty equipment utilized for the installation of these materials
- Must have a clear and analytical approach to problem-solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have good communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work on a construction site and Office
The ratings in the chart below indicate the percentage of time spent on each of the essential physical requirements.
1 =Seldom—Less than 25%
4 =Very Frequent—76 %+
|Ratings||Essential Physical Requirements|
|1||Ability to attend all meetings of various configurations.|
|3||Ability to stand for extended periods of time.|
|2||Ability to sit for extended periods of time.|
|4||Ability to see for purposes of reading printed matter.|
|3||Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.|
|4||Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation.|
|4||Ability to bend and twist.|
|4||Ability to lift 50 pounds.|
|4||Ability to carry 50 pounds.|
|1||Ability to operate office equipment.|
|4||Ability to reach in all directions.|
|4||Ability to climb stairways and/or ladders.|
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K plan, with company match
- Vacation and paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Life insurance, along with a free company provided term life insurance policy of $25,000
- Company provided vehicle, gas card, phone and uniforms
- Work/Life balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.