Summary/Objective: The Service Technician reports to the Service Manager and works collaboratively with other CCA employees in leading the Company toward its long-term vision of being the premier heating and air conditioning services provider. An employee in this class performs the full range of duties associated with installation, maintenance, and repair of ventilation, air conditioning and environmental control systems. The Service Technician receives work orders indicating the nature of the work to be done. They are expected to determine the materials, tools, and repair procedures needed. Limited supervision is given to this employee.
Essential Job Functions:
- Replace faulty thermostats, wiring, and controls.
- Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components or wiring.
- Layout and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment according to wiring diagrams, using electrician’s hand tools.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by the manufacturer to balance system.
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as valves, air ducts, and dampers.
- Perform general or preventive maintenance procedures such as cleaning or vacuuming equipment.
- Install and test automatic, programmable or wireless thermostats to minimize energy usage.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Able to work overtime and be on-call.
- Arrive at job site at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Relocate from one job site to another job site as dispatched during the workday
- Report to the dispatcher when arriving and leaving job site
- Follow instructions from supervisor and/or dispatcher and carry out in a timely manner
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly
- Report problems with equipment to Service Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery
- Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Complete all service-related forms properly
- Provide all customers with new / renewal maintenance agreement program information
- Inform and educate customers about residential planned maintenance agreements
- Inform and educate customers on additional products or services available through the company
- Inform customer of replacement options following company guidelines
- Develop a basic knowledge of electrical refrigeration principles, service tool, and testing devices
- Develop skills to perform planned maintenance on residential systems utilizing maintenance
- Offer maintenance and accessories on each call
- Build an average ticket by completing complete system diagnostic
- Valid driver’s license
- Insurable driving record
- Minimum of a High School diploma
- At least 2 years of overall professional experience as a Service Technician or similar troubleshooting and repair role within an HVAC related field
- Work from 40’ extension ladder and 6’ step ladder
- Ability to operate power and hand tools safely
- Participate in in-house training programs
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions as given
- Must have good communication and presentation skills
- EPA certification
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Must have a clear and analytical approach to problem-solving, and strong decision-making abilities
The ratings in the chart below indicate the percentage of time spent on each of the essential physical requirements.
1 =Seldom—Less than 25%
4 =Very Frequent—76 %+
|Ratings||Essential Physical Requirements|
|4||Ability to drive and to drive for extended periods of time|
|1||Ability to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various configurations.|
|3||Ability to stand for extended periods of time.|
|2||Ability to sit for extended periods of time.|
|4||Ability to see for purposes of reading printed matter.|
|3||Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.|
|4||Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation.|
|4||Ability to bend, twist and work in confined spaces.|
|4||Ability to lift 50 pounds.|
|4||Ability to carry 50 pounds.|
|1||Ability to operate office equipment.|
|4||Ability to reach in all directions.|
|4||Ability to climb stairways and/or ladders.|
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan, with company match
- Vacation and paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Life insurance, along with a free company provided term life insurance policy of $25,000
- Company provided vehicle, gas card, phone and uniforms
- Work/Life balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.