Summary/Objective: The RNC Assistant Installer will work collaboratively with the RNC Lead Installer and other CCA employees in leading the Company toward its long-term vision of being the premier heating and air conditioning services provider. An employee in this position will perform a full range of duties associated with installing heating/air conditioning units while using a wide variety of tools and equipment. The Assistant Installer receives work orders indicating the nature of the work to be done and is always supervised by the Lead Installer in the performance of his/her job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
- Clean or lubricate vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Adjust, connect, or disconnect wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand or power tools.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair tools, equipment, and machines, and assist more skilled workers with similar tasks.
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
- Hold or supply tools, parts, equipment, and supplies for other workers.
- Position vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures, and other objects for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Apply protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Prepare work areas for use by mechanics and repairers.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent, No HVAC experience necessary
- No HVAC experience necessary
- Good working knowledge of materials, operations and maintenance of specialty equipment utilized for the installation of these materials.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions for long periods of time
The ratings in the chart below indicate the percentage of time spent on each of the essential physical requirements.
1 =Seldom—Less than 25%
4 =Very Frequent—76 %+
|Rating||Essential Physical Requirements|
|4||Ability to work in outside conditions for an extended period of time|
|3||Ability to stand for extended periods of time.|
|1||Ability to sit for extended periods of time.|
|3||Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation.|
|4||Ability to bend, twist and work in confined spaces.|
|4||Ability to lift 50 pounds.|
|4||Ability to carry 50 pounds.|
|1||Ability to operate office equipment.|
|4||Ability to reach in all directions.|
|4||Ability to climb stairways and/or ladders.|
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K plan, with company match
- Vacation and paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Life insurance, along with a free company provided term life insurance policy of $25,000
- Company provided vehicle, gas card, phone and uniforms
- Work/Life balance