Meet Roland. Roland joined the Carolina Comfort Air team in 2013 and has over 6 years of experience in the HVAC Industry. He is currently a Comfort Consultant in the Jacksonville area and surrounding communities. Roland is a proud father, devoted husband, and seasoned traveler.
1. How long have you worked at Carolina Comfort Air?
Since 2013, I started as the Warehouse Manager for our Jacksonville office and later was promoted to a Comfort Consultant for our Coastal Region.
2. Before working at Carolina Comfort Air, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
Prior to CCA, I was in the Marine Corps stationed in Jacksonville. I did deployments in the Middle East and Afghanistan. I maintained the specialty tools in the warehouse, calibrating them, etc. and then later moved to Signal Intelligence. It was interesting but of course, I can’t talk too in depth about it.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
4. What are you listening to/reading these days?
Listening to a lot of podcasts a lot, mostly Joe Rogan.
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist? (food/dessert/candy/etc.)
Easy. Ben and Jerry’s Half-Baked Ice-cream!!
6. Where is your favorite place to be?
The Caribbean or really any Island, just on a beach.
7. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Columbia, South America – There is a rich culture for people of African descent. The food is good, weather is perfect, people are kind.
8. Who is your biggest inspiration?
So many people inspire me, but if I have to pick a favorite it would be Jay-Z, Shawn Carter. He was able to continue to grow his self and his brand by adapting to the changing times. Many other artist in his era couldn’t switch up their brands to grow and are now irrelevant.
9. What is your proudest moment at Carolina Comfort Air?
Getting my 5-year anniversary trophy at the company Christmas party …. having that 5-year milestone was an important accomplishment to me.
10. What does true leadership mean to you?
Leading by example, showing your people that you are willing to go through the thick of things with them.
11. Which one would you want most – flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
Robot Housekeepers, I have kids so cleaning is a chore!
12. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Fighter jet pilot. Top Gun was my favorite movie as a kid.
13. Do you have any pets? What kind?
I have a 10-week-old German Shephard puppy named Gigi.
14. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Self-education is the best education.
15. What is your favorite thing about working at Carolina Comfort Air?
The fact that I can help so many different people on any given day.